Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Pelosi and the Democrats and Political Capital

Ok, the last couple days have been crazy. Last tuesday, I got to meet Rod Blagojevich at his victory rally...which was something that I'd dreamed about a week before. Dont ask me why I dreamed of meeting him of all people, I just did. Maybe it had something to do with him providing health insurance for all children or maybe his plan to raise minimum wage. To see that dream come to reality was really refreshing! I was so elated that dems won after being losing the last few elections. Middle of the road Americans finally realized the Republican congress and Bush weren't cutting it. What took so long? No the democrats have "Political Capital" as Bush likes to say...what will they do with it? If the rift between John Murtha and Steny Hoyer is any indication-very little. I have no taste for democratic in fighting, especially considering we elected them without a real plan for Iraq or America, for that matter. On the flip side, pundits have suggested Pelosi runs a tight ship, So perhaps Murtha as her number two man might be good. However, I think Hoyer would help keep the party just left of center...exactly where I like us.

No comments: